Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Observation at Taytay, Rizal

Last Saturday, the astronomy graduate school students of RTU went out to Taytay, Rizal for an overnight observation. We set up in a place called Paradiso and set out to observe several targets as well as spend some time together. We brought along 4 telescopes (2 Astromaster 130s, 1 Meade ETX 125 and my TS 70) with us as well as several binoculars to observe the night sky. I brought my imaging gear with me but had to deal with winds shaking up my tripod.



We were able to observe several clusters, the planets Jupiter, Venus, Mars and Saturn, as well as some DSOs. We also were able to see several sporadic meteors most of which were bollides.


Participants: Von, Peejay, Joey, Ruby, Ryan, Pia, Pamela, Lieza, Vanessa, and myself.

2 comments:

yukina_2 said...

Hi! Where exactly in Taytay, Rizal is this place? Thank you!

AstroNorm said...

Hello yukina.. I'm sorry I couldn't recall the name of the place. It was my first time at Taytay actually.