Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Going Bonkerz on Celestia

During the Founder's day celebration of Silliman University, I spent about a week explaining astronomy in the physics booth with the use of Celestia. We won over-all booth champion twice when this program was used(3 years participating, no celestia for 2008). Everyone loves to observe the space simulation, especially with the help of a projector (yeah, thanks Rosette!).

I decided to visit shatters.net for updates of the program, and I saw features that were in my version that I haven't explored. I began thinkering about with the program for two hours, and whoa, did i enjoy!

Before I download all the add ons that I can get perhaps I'll do another review for the Philippine Journal of Astronomy - this time on the Celestia software.




No comments: